about 1 year ago
Try these simple sausages for your next weekend brunch. The apple keeps the lean turkey moist and adds a complementary tart-sweet flavor. Serve with eggs prepared your favorite way, as well as toast or muffins.
Makes 8 sausage patties
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey (mixture of light and dark meat)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for brushing skillet
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine turkey, apples, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, nutmeg and eggs in a large bowl.
With dampened hands, shape 1/3 cup sausage mixture into patties to yield 8 patties.
Lightly brush a nonstick skillet or griddle with oil and heat over moderate heat until hot.
Brown sausage patties, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer patties to a baking sheet and bake in oven until turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 166 calories
- 8g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 94mg cholesterol
- 502mg sodium
- 7g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)
- 18g protein