about 1 year ago
Made with avocado and edamame, this guacamole variation is both creamy and fresh. Serve with raw vegetables like celery, carrots and radishes for dipping or alongside baked pita chips as a healthy snack or appetizer.
Makes 2 Cups
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 small, ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 white onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put edamame, avocado, chipotle, cilantro, onion and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
Add enough water to make a creamy consistency and pulse again. Transfer guacamole to a bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- 607 calories
- 34g total fat
- 5g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 196mg sodium
- 46g carbohydrate (18g dietary fiber, 10g sugar)
- 37g protein